The Scenic West Team 2018
We have selected some of our favorite locations in the Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains, filled with spectacular scenery and outdoor activities. Play 4 USTA tournaments and friendly matches in British Columbia tournament in 20 days in a trip which encompasses Washington State, BC and Colorado.
FIRST LOCATION: SARATOGA, CALIFORNIA & SAN FRANCISCO, June 23rd – June 28th
- We start our tennis journey with a Northern California Junior Open Grand Prix tournament in Saratoga featuring age group singles, doubles and a feed-in consolation in singles. The scenic setting of the Saratoga Country Club is just a short ride away from downtown San Francisco.
- During our days in Northern California, we will see Bay area sights like Fisherman’s Wharf, Gold Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Chinatown and more.
SECOND LOCATION: RENTON, WASHINGTON (Suburb of Seattle), June 28th –July 1st
- We then fly to Seattle and play in a nearby suburb of Renton, Washington State for a weekend tournament with both singles and doubles, June 30 – July 2. Feed in consolation for singles. This is a “Championship Level” tournament, so it usually attracts some of the better Pacific Northwest juniors.
- Depending on the match schedule, we hope to visit Seattle briefly in this 3 day stop, to see the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the ferries and islands and other sights. Renton is a short 20 minutes from downtown Seattle.
THIRD LOCATION: VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA, July 1st – July 5th
- We then travel north to Vancouver, Canada, home to the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. Singles and doubles. We will practice in the Vancouver or Whistler areas and play friendly matches against Canadian juniors.
- We also will visit Stanley Park’s 400 hectare natural rain forest itself is a major sightseeing attraction with a beach, aquarium and more. Vancouver itself is a diverse city, with sights ranging from Grouse Mountain to the Aquarium to Chinese gardens.
- If time permits, we will venture several hours north of Vancouver to Whistler, the world famous skiing resort, which does operate some summer skiing.
FOURTH LOCATION: WILLIAMS TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS, LONGMONT, CO., July 6 – July 8
- Flying to Denver, we then play a Level 6 weekend tournament in the suburb of Longmont with age group singles and possibly doubles. Last year, they had 50 to 80 entries, including those at Williams’ Tennis School.
- Housing will be at the Hampton Inn in Longmont and we will practice at Skyline High School or two nearby locations.
FIFTH LOCATION: VAIL RACQUET CLUB, VAIL, COLORADO, July 9th -11th
- During a 4 day break from tournament action, we will visit the scenic resort of Vail where Tennis Director Greg Wanner of the Vail Racquet Club will warmly welcome us for practices and friendly matches.
- Off the court, with beautiful views and comfortable climate, we hike, do white water rafting, take ski lifts and see the Bavarian style shops.
FINAL LOCATION: DENVER JUNIOR CITY CHAMPIONSHIP, JULY 11th -15th
- We return to the Denver area and the well-known Denver Tennis Club for our final USTA Level 6 tournament. The Denver Junior City Open is a major designated event with singles and doubles with a mix of player levels. Practice courts are readily available nearby.
- Denver sights include the U.S. Mint, zoo, botanical gardens, art museum and Colorado Rockies major league baseball.
- We fly back East on Wednesday July 16th.