San Diego To Santa Barbara Team 2018
FIRST LOCATION: ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA June 23rd (evening) – July 1st
We play our first tournament at the Santa Ana Junior Open Championships with age group singles and doubles (Level 5), with practice courts nearby. Located in Orange County which is just south of Los Angeles.
- We will stay at the Springhill Suites in nearby Irvine with a hot breakfast buffet, indoor swimming pool and fitness room.
- For the weekends of June 30-July 1 and July 7-8, we will play the 18th Annual Chapman College Junior Open (Level 5), which will have age-group singles the first weekend and doubles the following weekend. The Chapman courts have just been redone and are brand new.
During our time at these tournaments, as well as at the Costa Mesa tournament (see below), we will also sightsee in the Los Angeles area, visiting Beverly Hills, Westwood/UCLA, Santa Monica Pier, and Farmer’s Market.
SECOND LOCATION: SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA July 1st (evening) – July 6th (aft):
We then travel to San Diego, where we will play the 45th Annual Wilbur Folsom Memorial Junior Tournament at the Barnes Family Tennis Center, a long-time USTA facility of the year. One of the top tournaments in the Southern California section (Level 4), we will enter age-group singles, doubles and consolations for first round losers. This tournament is once again expected to be a National Showcase Tournament counting toward Tennisrecruiting.net rankings for college. If you win singles matches, you can improve your star ratings with college tennis coaches. Practice courts will also be available at the Barnes Tennis Center and at other nearby clubs. During our week in San Diego, we visit the beaches at La Jolla and the Gaslight District shops, among other sights.
THIRD LOCATION: COSTA MESA, July 8th (evening) – July 13th (aft.):
Driving back to Orange County, we first complete the second weekend of the Chapman College tournament on July 7th– 8th. Then we play the 24th Annual Costa Mesa Summer Junior Classic (Level 4) with age group singles and doubles from July 9th to 13th. This tournament is also a tennisrecruiting.net National Showcase Tournament. We return to stay at the Embassy Suites in Santa Ana. Sightseeing includes the attractions in nearby Los Angeles noted above.
FOURTH LOCATION: Cathedral Oaks Clay Court Championships, July 13th (eve) – July 15th:
- Our final tournament will be at Cathedral Oaks, a short distance from the scenic town of Santa Barbara, where we will play singles in the first So. California claycourt tournament for juniors. Consolation singles for first round losers.
- We will stay at the Holiday Inn Express just outside Santa Barbara and practice at or near the tournament club, where we may also play friendly matches.
- Santa Barbara, known as “The America Riviera,” is home to scenic beaches, quaint shops and Spanish
Cathedrals and has always been one of our favorite locations.
July 15th (evening) – July 16th: AM:
We house overnight at an airport hotel and fly back East Monday morning July 17th.