2018 Mallorca to Barcelona Team
FIRST LOCATION: June 29th – July 8th – Marratxi, Mallorca, Spain
- We first travel to the scenic island of Mallorca for a Balearic Island circuit tournament at Tennis
- Club Marratxi, located just outside the Capital city of Palma. We will play two age group singles per player. We practice at a nearby club in the area.
- Palma is home to one of the largest cathedrals in Europe, La Seu, which dominates the skyline and to an old city which has many tourist attractions, as well as many shopping areas. And of course, there are plenty of beaches to choose from since much of Mallorca consists of beaches.
- Rafael Nadel is a native of Manacor, Mallorca, located just a half hour away from our tournament club.
- The largest island of the Balearic chain in the Mediterranean, Mallorca is a premier vacation location for many European countries.
3SECOND LOCATION: July 8th (evening) – July 16th (morning) –Castelldefels, Spain
- We will play a Spanish Tennis Federation sanctioned tournament in a suburb of Barcelona, with a total of 2 or 3 singles per player. The scenic tournament club has over 20 courts both clay and hardcourt.
- Housing will be at a 3 star hotel in Castelldefels, a scenic beachside resort 20 minutes south of Barcelona,
Located near several tennis clubs where we will practice during the week.
Spain is one of the strongest tennis countries in the world, assuring some good competition.
Practice your Spanish non-stop throughout the trip to improve your Spanish language skills. During our week in Castelldefels, you have the option of taking classroom Spanish for 5 days, whatever your level of ability.
FINAL LOCATION: BARCELONA – July 14th to July 16th (morning)
Our final two days are spent touring the former Olympic city of Barcelona, Capital of the Catalonian region of Spain. We will visit the Sagrada Familia, Gaudi’s unfinished church and symbol of Barcelona, the Ramblas walking street, the harbor area and the FC Barcelona Camp Nou stadium tour and soccer museum. We also can take advantage of souvenir shopping both on the Gran Via and in the “Old Town” part of Barcelona.