2018 French Med. Team
FIRST TOURNAMENT, June 30th – July 8th *Monte Carlo and Menton, France – The French Riviera
- We fly to the French Riviera known as “the Capital of Summer”.
- Our tournaments, depending on age, will be at two of the following clubs: the spectacular Monte Carlo Country Club (16s), Tennis Club Monaco with men’s and ladies’ singles; and Tennis Club Mediterranee also with men’s’ and ladies’ singles. The Monte Carlo Country Club is home to the April ATP tournament each year.
- We will house at the beachside town of Menton, a few minutes away, and practice at the Tennis Club Menton.
- Sightseeing will include the old city of Menton with its quaint restaurants and shops, and beaches with water sports and shopping malls. In Monaco/Monte Carlo, we will see the Royal Palace, the Oceanographic Museum and other sites. If time permits, we will go to dinner one night in nearby Italy or in the Old City of Nice.
- You can also practice your French speaking non-stop during your 10 days on the Cote D’Azur.
SECOND TOURNAMENT, July 8th (evening) – July 15th (aft.) Utrecht, Holland
We play a junior tournament in a picturesque small Dutch town close to the university city of Utrecht. The tournament will have junior singles, doubles and possibly mixed doubles.
The friendly Dutch always make us feel welcome! This tournament, which we have attended since 1990, has social activities like a BBQ and DJ music night. Voted “best stop” on our summer 2017 trip!
We will visit Amsterdam during the tournament week to see the Anne Frank house, either the Riksmuseum or Van Gogh museum and if time permits, the walking street and canal boat ride in the “Venice of the North.”
Special Option: Several of our players may have the opportunity to house for the week with host Dutch tennis families, members of the club at which we are playing. This is a great way to gain a unique perspective on the culture and lifestyle of another country. The rest of our team will stay at a nearby hotel..
FINAL LOCATION, July 15th (evening) – July 17th (AM) – Paris, “The City of Light”
- We conclude our trip with a day plus for sightseeing in Paris, visiting the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre (with the Mona Lisa), Notre Dame and the Champs Elysee, among other sights. One of the most famous cities in the world and always a big favorite with our players.