2018 Dutch Espana Prague Team
FIRST TOURNAMENT, June 25th – July 1st* Holland – Hilversum
- The Tulip Open tournament in suburban Hilversum has 2 singles and 1 doubles for each player in ability level draws. The club has 22 red clay outdoor courts and 9 indoor hard courts and we will practice on clay at the Tulip Club as well. We played this tournament in 2016 and 2017 and the players gave it high reviews.
- Players will have an opportunity to visit Amsterdam during the tournament week to see the Anne Frank House, either the Van Gogh or Riksmuseum and, if time permits, the walking street and canal boat ride in the “Venice of the North.” Hilversum is about 30 minutes from Amsterdam and Hilversum has its own shopping and restaurant streets in town.
- We house at the Najade Resort, next to a scenic lake, in apartments. Voted “best housing” on our 2017 trip !
- The friendly Dutch always make us feel welcome! The tournament will have a party on one night and serve dinners each night.
SECOND TOURNAMENT WEEK, July 1st – July 8th * Spain – Blanes, Costa Brava (north of Barcelona)
- We fly from Amsterdam to Barcelona, then driving 90 minutes north to Blanes, “the gateway to the Costa Brava.” – We will play under 16 and under 18 singles at CT Blanes, with consolation singles for first round losers. The 4 clay and 1 hard court will also be available for daily practices and possible friendly matches. We are also 20 minutes from the Catalunya Tennis Resort (CTR) which may have another tournament and 12 courts for additional tennis.
- Our three to four star hotel in Blanes is a short walk from the tennis club and from the sandy beach. This resort hotel often will have evening activities, swimming pool and table tennis.
- The natural beauty of Blanes’ beaches, coves and seaside promenade is highlighted by the imposing Sa Palomera Rock, a massive boulder which defines the bay. You can also practice speaking Spanish non-stop and we offer the option of classroom Spanish language instruction for 5 days.
- Later in the week, we will visit Barcelona to see Gaudi’s Familia Sagrada and we will also walk the Ramblas and view the upscale shops on the Gran Via, in the Old City, and in the Harbor area. If time permits in our schedule, we will visit the soccer stadium of European champions F.C. Barcelona for the tour and museum.
THIRD – FOURTH – FIFTH TOURNAMENTS, July 8th (evening) – July 17th * The Czech Republic – Prague
Prague is one of the most popular European destinations, a city of red rooftops and golden spires, of scenic hills and enduring landmarks. Known also as the City of a Hundred Spires, Golden Prague or Magic Prague
We will play two to three Czech Tennis Federation sanctioned tournaments, each with junior singles and doubles. We will play plenty of tennis against challenging competition in one of the top tennis countries in the world.
Our housing is at the comfortable and spacious four star Corinthian Panorama Hotel, a 10 minute walk from our practicecourts at the Oaza Club. The hotel is next to the Arkady Shopping Center and several metro stops from the centre citytourist attractions.
Major sights include Prague Castle, the Old Town Square, the medieval Charles Bridge and the remains of the Jewish Quarter, including Europe’s oldest synagogue and the Old Jewish Cometary. Prague is also a youthful city, home to many semester abroad high school and college students and to summer music concerts. If time permits, we will also take a professional sightseeing tour to caves and castles just outside Prague.
Prague was one of the favorite locations for our past teams. The friendly Dutch, a Spanish beachside resort and Barcelona and the Golden city of Prague: these are all the ingredients for a spectacular tennis trip!